As the title states, I appeared on a recent episode of SQL Server Radio. This is a regular podcast focused, as the name suggests, on SQL Server. The two hosts; Matan Yungman and Guy Glantser have fun talking about their experiences with SQL Server from past and present projects in their careers and company (Madeira Data Solutions).
I’ve known Matan Yungman ( b | t ) for a while now. We met on Twitter and then in real life at one of the many conferences we were both present at (I think it was SQLBits, but I could be mistaken [UPDATE: It was at SQL Server Days in Belgium]). I then met Guy Glantser ( b | t ) through Matan and we have chatted a few times about different things around our lives with SQL Server. These chats recently culminated in an invitation to join them on their show to talk about my career with SQL Server and the journey I have taken so far.
We spent about half an hour talking about all sorts of things, to quote the show notes:
Specifically, we talk about:
- His way for becoming an independent consultant
- How to price yourself by value and not by time
- SQL Server Replication tips
- Tips for upgrading SQL Server with minimal downtime
- What is the meaning of 5 nines and how much technical and financial investments it requires
- When and how to use DNS aliases with your SQL Servers
- Dynamic Data Masking use cases
- Linked Servers performance tips
The interview was fun and I would love to be invited on the show again, Guy and Matan are really good hosts and made me feel at home.
If you haven’t heard any of their episodes, I highly recommend you do. This will give you a relevant topic to listen to while working or commuting, which isn’t dry and boring, bur rather a fun chat about (mostly) relevant topics.
I hope you enjoy it.